Are you still worried about high interest rates and putting off getting a credit card? If so, you’re definitely missing out. Credit cards do have comparatively high interest rates. But that doesn’t matter. Perhaps you do not need a penny for interest if you pay off your balance before the due date each month. It’s never too late to get a credit card and enjoy its benefits. But you may be stuck in a dilemma as to which card is the right one to choose.
There’re numerous credit card providers, which promise you the best offerings. But most common cards are Visa and MasterCard that are issued through a bank or other financial institutions. You must be wondering why so many people choose Visa credit cards. Find out the reason by yourself now.
How Does Visa Credit Cards Work
Be aware that all Visa credit cards are not issued by Visa directly. Nor does Visa extend credit or set rates or fees for customers. On the contrary, Visa-branded payment products are offered to financial institutions that provide credit card programs for consumers. You can get Visa credit cards from a number of card providers, ranging from banks and credit unions to hotel properties and airlines. Each card has its own unique offerings. Thus a wider range of services is available to meet your specific needs.
Major Types of Visa Credit Cards for Personal Use
You’re sure to be surprised to find that you can choose from up to 25 Visa credit cards. These credit cards are issued by different providers and feature different reward programs. Generally, there’re three types of Visa credit cards.
1) Visa Traditional Credit Cards
A Visa Traditional credit card is the best option for students and young couples. You can also choose a Visa Traditional credit card if you’re re-establishing credit or simply looking for the convenience of a credit card in your wallet. Visa Traditional credit cardholders can enjoy the flexibility of worldwide acceptance at millions of locations. They can be used for almost everything you want, like bill payments, travel reservations, dining & entertainment, online payments and daily purchases.
2) Visa Traditional Rewards Credit Cards
If you prefer to earn valuable rewards with the use of your credit card, Visa Traditional Rewards credit cards can be considered. This type of Visa cards has two popular versions, gold and platinum cards. Both cards are available through the financial institution of your choice. All Visa Traditional Rewards credit cards promise absolute security, worldwide acceptance and convenience you’d expect from Visa. Pick up the card with the rewards you want:
• Hotel points for free night stays and upgrades
• Cash back rewards
• Airline reward travel points for complementary flights
• Donations to support your favorite school, not-for-profit organization or charity
• Gift cards and brand-name merchandise
Both Visa Traditional credit cards and Visa Traditional Rewards credit cards come with many extra benefits, such as emergency cash disbursement, cardholder 24-hour inquiry service, emergency card replacement for lost or stolen cards, auto rental collision damage waiver and zero liability for unauthorized transactions.
3) Visa Signature Premium Rewards Credit Cards
Besides the points, miles and cash back you earn, a Visa Signature Premium Rewards credit card offers dozens of perks. All Visa Signature credit cards come with the following extraordinary benefits.
• Shopping – Visa Signature cardholders can receive wonderful online and in-store offers from their favorite retailers, including Smashbox, Target and HauteLook. There’s no pre-set spending limit for Visa Signature cards.
• Sports – Golf lovers will be delighted with the news. With the Visa Signature Golf Collection, cardholders can get huge savings on golf merchandise. Discount packages are also available at retailers and premier golf destinations nationwide. With a Visa Signature credit card, you’ll experience fantastic sporting events with VIP packages and presale tickets.
• Travel – There’s no reason to refuse terrific travel benefits, like special perks at select luxury hotels, incredible packages and airline ticket offers and much more. Visa Signature cards give you instant savings.
• Entertainment – Visa Signature cards offer a wider range of entertainment perks. You can find yourself having more fun. Whether you want to see a movie or go to a concert, preferred seating is always available.
How to Apply
With so many enticing offers, you may have to make a tough choice on which to get. The easiest way is to decide on the reward program you have interest in. After deciding on which card to get, you can choose your preferred issuing bank or financial institutions. When you select a card provider, simply visit its website and apply for your card. It’s very simple to apply for a Visa credit card online.
Note: This web site is not affiliated with, nor endorsed by Visa. Financial statements on this page have no connection to Visa. For guaranteed financial advices, visit Visa official site.
3 Responses to “A Comparison of Visa Personal Credit Cards”
Leave a Reply
Many thanks for you to explore our dedicated credit card site. It's our mission to serve you with insightful articles on reviews, recommendations and other related information on credit card. Bookmark us and hope you will come again.
Prepaid cards are designed for those who don’t use banks or credit unions due to poor credit ratings. And for that reason, prepaid cards are gaining more and more popularity across the country or even the whole world. Read more
With the help of debt consolidation, many debtors do get out of their debt mires successfully. Yet the debt-free pleasure doesn’t last for a long time. Very soon, they find out that their debts kick back, and a new circle of repaying starts again. Wondering why? Read more